English for Ages 11-13 (KS3) with Jazmin at 4PM
Time & Location
About the Event
In this English KS3 session we will explore 'The Balcony Scene / The Friar / The Marriage', from Romeo & Juliet.
Students will read and analyse the famous Balcony Scene, wherein Romeo and Juliet profess their love for each other having just met. Students will meet Friar Lawrence and witness the speedy organisation of the marriage of Romeo and Juliet.
- Analyse the language used by both Romeo and Juliet
- Explore the pace of the scene
- Debate the themes of maturity, youth, love and wisdom
- Explore the use of foreshadowing by Shakespeare
- Explore the character of Friar Lawrence
- Analyse the presentation of Friar Lawrence and his engagement with themes linked to the Supernatural
- Analyse the audience response to such a controversial character
- Analyse the relationship between Romeo and Friar Lawrence
- Lesson Admission£0£00£0